Dying for a Conversation?
Have you talked to your family/caregivers about your wishes for end-of-life treatment?
About how you want to be treated if a time comes when you can no longer communicate your wishes?
Family members, have you talked to your parents about this?
Your North Fraser chapter of CARP is giving you an opportunity to learn how to approach this delicate subject. Mark your calendar now:
Thursday March 26th 2015 — 1:00 to 3:30 p.m
A panel will discuss all aspects of end of life issues. Panelists are:
- Jim Stephenson, board chair, Dying with Dignity Canada
- Dr. Margaret Cottle, a palliative care physician and member of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
- Josh Paterson, Executive Director of the BC Civil Liberties Association
- Dr. Doris Barwich, Executive Director of the BC Centre for Palliative Care
A professional communicator will moderate the panel.
We’ll leave lots of time for questions to the experts.
Thursday March 26th from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Royal City Curling Club,
75 East 6th Avenue, New Westminster
Free admission for CARP members and guests, and free refreshments
Please register so we have enough chairs. Email [email protected] or telephone 778-284-1189
- by car: drivers: the venue is east of McBride – but note that you cannot turn left from McBride onto 6th
- by bus: Bus 155 stops on Sixth quite near the club. Bus C3 stops on Cumberland just beside the club.