Information posted February 27, 2015
For our Community Meetings in both Milton and Burlington in March we will be presenting a sampling of CARP Halton Chapter’s Aging Wisely Information Series. This information-packed Educational Series was developed by many of our Chapter Partners. This FREE series is running now through June 2015. Please CLICK HERE for full information about this series.
Our Milton meeting to be held on Wednesday March 11, 2015 at the Seniors Activity Centre, 500 Childs Drive, Milton will give you a sampling of this exceptional series:
- Find out how to get better & stay better with physiotherapy. Presented by Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre. (ask about OHIP-covered physiotherapy)
- Hearing Health. How we hear. Causes and types of hearing loss and preventive measures. The outcome of untreated hearing loss. Presented by the Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners of Ontario
Our Burlington meeting to be held on Tuesday March 24th at the Seniors Centre, 2285 New Street, Burlington, will give you a sampling of this exceptional series:
- Come find out how to keep your feet healthy. Presented by Oakville Hospital Footcare & Orthotic Centre
- Hearing Health (How we hear. Causes and types of hearing loss, preventive measures. The outcome of untreated hearing loss). Presented by the Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners of Ontari
- Managing continence – taking charge of your continence health. Presented by Continence Care Clinics, St. Joseph’ Healthcare, Hamilton
Our meetings at both locations will be held in the evening. Doors will open at 6.30pm with the main meeting taking place between 7.00pm and 9.00pm. Coffee and tea will be available.
Please be aware that if room capacity limits are reached we may have to restrict entrance in order to comply with building safety code regulations. Typically there is more space available at Milton.
Both meetings will begin with a short welcoming address from our Chairperson, Tom Carrothers. Tom will also provide a brief update on your CARP Halton Chapter and CARP National activities.
This will be followed by our featured presentations.
As usual we have a number of sponsors for both meetings. We will be very pleased to welcome them and to thank them for their support. They will all have tables where you will be able to chat with their representatives and pick up additional information.
There will be a break at a convenient point during the presentation which will allow time to socialize with fellow members and to spend more time visiting our sponsors.
Sponsors at both our Milton and Burlington meetings:
Canadian Christian Tours: a licensed TICO travel agency specializing in the 50+ generation. We organize day trips, multi-day trips, international trips and would love to help you book a flight, all-inclusive holiday, cruise, hotel, or transportation.
ListenUP Canada: providing individuals who have a hearing loss with the most professional, comprehensive and convenient hearing healthcare services
Halton Healthcare: We are committed to providing quality, compassionate care and services to meet the diverse needs of our population in a timely and effective manner.
Both meetings will conclude with a few closing remarks from Tom and our 50/50 draw. We encourage you to support this draw as proceeds help defray the costs of putting on our meetings.
Our meetings are FREE. Please support your Chapter. We look forward to welcoming all members and their friends.