Information posted October 2, 2014
Designed for family caregivers who have been a caregiver for some time, this free five week discussion series addresses some of the more challenging aspects of dementia care, such as incontinence, home safety, long term care placement and making end of life decisions.
This is not a beginner course, it is recommended that participants will have already taken introductory courses on dementia, such as our Dementia Information Series.
Location: Burlington Central Library
Date: Mondays November 10 – December 8, 2014
Time: 1 – 3 PM
Register online, space is limited to 20 participants.
Sessions and speakers will include:
- Managing the Changes by Jackie Kulach, Incontinence Consultant, MedProDirect
- Safety in the Home by Michelle Sandrasagra, Occupational Therapist, CBI Home Health
- When to Apply for Long Term Care by HNHB Community Care Access Centre
- Decisions for End of Life Care by Acclaim Health
- Managing the Transition to Long Term Care by Acclaim Health
For more information email Sandi Robinson or call 905-847-9559, toll free 1-800-387-7127 x2411.