Thank you to Brockville and Thousand Islands CARP members and friends for joining us at our Cup of Tea Fundraiser on October 3rd. This was a wonderful event which was held in effort to raise awareness about the issue of elder abuse in Leeds-Grenville and to raise funds for the ONPEA (Ontario Prevention of Elder Abuse) Seniors Safety Line.
Special thanks to the recent Provincial Election Candidates (MPP Conservative Incumbant Steve Clark, NDP Candidate David Lundy and Green Party Candidate Charlie Taylor) for taking time in the final days of the campaign to join us in learning and understanding the importance of elder abuse in our area. Thanks also goes to Dectective Constable Tom Fournier from the Brockville Police and Debora Steele from Providence Care and Representative, Local Elder Abuse Prevention for an excellent presentation and providing us with a sound knowledge and understanding of the issue. A final note of thanks to our sponsors O’Farrell Financial and Irvine Funeral Home for their support and help in raising the issue of elder abuse in Leeds-Grenville.
If you or someone you know if suffering from ELDER ABUSE (financial, psychological, physical, institutional), if you have any questions or need someone to talk to please contact:
- Brockville Police: 1 (613) 342-0127
- OPP: 1 (888) 310-1122
- Seniors’ InfoLine: 1 (888) 910-1999
- Retirement Home Complaints Response and Information Service: 1 (800) 361-7254
- Victim Support Line: 1 (888) 579-2888
- Leeds & Grenville Interval House 1 (800) 267-4409
- Distress and Information Centre (5pm – midnight): 1 (800) 465-4442
- Assult Response & Care Centre: 1 (800) 567-7415